1st Marathon Completed
So sorry for the delay in putting up this post. This marathon was in actual fact one week ago. Unfortunately I fell sick the next day after the marathon and had to be kept on bed rest. My fever wouldn’t subside to the point that the doctor suspected I was down with dengue fever. Thank goodness the fever finally subsided and so conclusion is I don’t have dengue. ^_^
So anyway, this is the first ever marathon that I’ve participated in. Took no small amount of coaxing and persuading from both Dean and Ivan for me to join them. Well, not exactly join them in the same event, as they were going for the 21 km marathon. For me, I was opting to go for the 10km marathon.
To be REAAAAALLLLLYYYY honest, 10 km seemed to be a really long distance for me. What’s more join them in the 21 km marathon. Might just faint halfway and apart from getting left behind by majority of the crowd and the smallest possibility of not finishing the marathon.
Thank goodness I managed to finish 10km in the end and within a time frame of 1 hour 35 minutes and 34 seconds to boot. Guess all the training of morning runs I’ve been doing at KLCC park did pay off after all.
At the end of it, 10 km did not seem all too far after all. Actually managed to run continuously for 6 kilometres and alternate between running and fast walking for the remainder of the distance. Thanks to my trustworthy Ipod for keeping me company the whole time.

0 Responses to "1st Marathon Completed"
Post a Comment