Monkey-ing experience
Among one of the new things which I've tried out lately is wall climbing. This is of coruse thanks to Dean's suggestion as one of the things we could do during mid semester break. So on the agreed time and date, the four of us (Camy, Ivan, Dean and myself) made our way to camp5 at 1Utama shopping mall.
We started off with Bouldering where we learnt how to traverse [basically move sideways around / across the wall] and climb upwards. To be honest, I was rather scared when bouldering. This was probably because of the fact that there was no harness to hold you in place, and the landing of a fall would depend solely on the landing matt as well as the falling position. A rather challenging activity I would say. However, despite my described fear, bouldering actually gives more freedom to move wherever and however in whichever direction preferred by the climber.
We eventually moved on to doing Belaying which i enjoyed more than Bouldering. However, as I was kind of tired out doing bouldering, I didn't manage to do much Belaying. Had my share of being the person on belay [climber] and the belayer. But since I was slightly lighter than the climber, I skidded quite a distance towards the wall before I could find my balance again with Dean's help.
By 7 pm, we were tired out, with slightly achy arms, and i guess the worse part was hurting toes. The hurting toes were a result of squishing them into really super tight fitting climbing shoes. Uaaaahh.. It was like imprisonment in the form of shoes. Despite all that, I would still say that the four of us were definitely happy, satisfied and worked up a great appetite for our next destination after wall climbing which was
CRAB FEAST
Another wonderfully contented day to remember. :-)

2 Responses to "Monkey-ing experience"
Post a Comment