Gua Tempurung + Water Rafting

5/26/2009 10:06:00 PM

(0) Comments

Honestly, I was not really looking forward to the first part of this outing which was the Gua Tempurung Expedition. In some ways, you can say that I was rather 'chicken' of the whole caving expedition idea.


Nevertheless, I didn't want to be left out while my bunch of friends forged on ahead. So bundling up my whole load of fears, I tagged along with them on that cool cloudy Tuesday morning. There were some worries as among the requirements for the tour to be carried out was that there had to be a minimal of 8 ppl to a group before a tour can be carried out. Unfortunately, there were only four of us so we had to keep waiting and waiting for the other people to turn up. Was a rather long wait but it finally paid off


Once we started our expedition, the phrase 'there's no turning back now' kept replaying in my head. Everything was dark, wet and muddy. And obviously, witha mini torchlight, I could only see a mini distance infront of me. I might have actually expressed my fear throughout the expedition more times than I recall, but seriously, it was no easy feat to complete the entire expedition. Of all, the climbing part proved the most challenging for me and it was also the scariest part of it all. By the time we completed the expedition, my whole body had numerous bumps, bruises and scratches as reminders of that expedition. 


Our next expedition was Water Rafting which was much more interesting and not as scary as the Gua Tempurung Expedition. Of course, I did drink my fair share of the 'teh tarikcoloured river water while they were teaching us to swim and float should we fall into the river while rafting. Unlike Gua Tempurung, this expedition required us to put our arm muscles to good use. All in all, we were all half dead zombies tring to make our way back home by the time we finished all we had planned for the day. 


There were scary parts, dangerous parts, fun parts, and of course hillarious parts throughout the trip, but all in all, it was a wonderful experience with plenty of memories to keep. Thank you guys for 'dragging' me along to join in the fun and being so supportive.   ^_^


PS: Apologies for not having any pictures for this post, but it was really rather impossible to carry a camera for both of the expeditions.



AUDREY

0 Responses to "Gua Tempurung + Water Rafting"

Post a Comment