Staring Down Stairs
I often hear my mom say that walking up and down the stairs can is a very good form of exercise as it's suppose to be good for the muscles, burns excessive fat, yadda yadda yadda... the list goes on and on.. Well, I'm in agreement with the walking up the stairs part, but have always remained doubtful of the walking down the stairs part.

However, the unfortunate event which happened yesterday is having me think otherwise (although I suppose that it is only a temporary aftereffect)
It all started with me happily going out of my condominium unit and skipping my way to the lift lobby. To my surprise, the 'Down' button was not responding by lighting up as it usually does. The same thing happened after several repetitive attempts.
A quick call to the guard house by my neighbor who was also attempting to 'Summon' the leave by pressing the 'Down' button revealed that all the lifts were stuck at Ground floor.
I'm sure all you dear readers should be thinking
"Well, if the lift ain't working, it's no big deal, just take the stairs"
For those of you who have visited me before, I think you would understand why I'm sounding my agony on this. I am staying on the 23rd floor of the building and my car happens to be parked at Basement 1. Adding the two additional floors which are the Mezzanine (M) floor and Ground (G) floor which is between Basement 1 and 1st floor, it doesn't take a Math Genius to figure out that I'm gonna have to walk down a total of 26 floors to reach my car. Staring down all the stairs i had to walk down was already making me dizzy.

Fast forwarding to the part where I reach my car at Basement 1, I could barely walk properly on level ground towards my car. My knees were rather wobbly and I felt rather floaty of which is something not very good considering I still had to perform the daily weekday ritual of making the 40 minutes drive to my office in Cyberjaya.
By the time I reached my office, my knees and legs were still feeling rather weak. And of course ultimately, my whole leg is aching like an old granny. Fortunately it's a public holiday for today and tomorrow, else I might need to consider getting a walking stick to support myself.
Moral of the story,
"Do not underestimate the stamina required to go down stairs!!!"

2 Responses to "Staring Down Stairs"
--piggy
Post a Comment